Lesotho en Zuid-Afrika, een reis van betekenis
Hieronder een dankbericht vanuit Lesotho/ Zuid-Afrika, waar onze leerlingen zojuist van teruggekeerd zijn. Het bericht laat zien dat de reis van betekenis is en dat het Augustinianum in samenwerking met Africa's gift
( https://www.africasgift.org/ ) op deze wijze een steentje kan bijdragen.
Date: 2 March 2020 at 17:28:
To: Ken Dunn
Could you please direct our appreciation of support the Augustinianum School has made through the donation of shoes to the Malealea community.
The donation will be used thus:
1. 42 pairs to HIV/AIDS support group who extend education to villages.
2. The 20 pupils at Malealea Primary School who helped in the farm during the visit of U3A, as well when the Dutch group visited.
3. 22 Hiking guides will benefit from some of the good boots
4. 6 children the group saw at Makoanyane school and more such needy children will identified to receive some shoes.
5. The football boots have been handed to Bob on behalf of Lilala local football team.
6. The remaining shoes will be distributed as motivation to people engaging with commitment on the community projects.
On behalf of Malealea community I am dearly thankful to yourself, Augustinianum and the charity Africas Gift the generosity.
A graduate in geography and geology, Ken is passionate about protecting the earth's resources and developing sustainable solutions.
Ken brings enormous energy and enthusiasm to any project he is involved with. He also brings expertise and award-winning excellence to helping communities developing projects that are based on offsetting carbon usage, developing sustainable food-growing projects and green-energy.
He is currently spear-heading Africa's Gift Trees4Africa campaign a major project that in tackling the effects of soil erosion is bringing all Ken's geographical and geological knowledge to the fore.